Thursday, August 02, 2007

i wake up often now and wonder where the last ten years went. i just closed my eyes for a moment and when i opened them, i was a decade older. it's all too precious to take for granted, our years here, and i forget that.

i don't fear growing older; i fear the regret of a life not fully lived...to have loved and have been loved. but fear stops me from living right now, being fully present in every moment that i'm awake.

life is a sequence of memories, snapshots of images and emotions we carry with us. when i am in the latter years of my life (should i be graced with that opportunity) i want to make sure that the majority of my life experiences have nourished my soul and expanded my understanding of life...

2 comments:

alan said...

When I hired in at my job 29 years ago, I had a son less than 6 months old and a second child on the way. Now I am a grandfather 3 times over...yet as you say, it seems the blink of an eye!

May life bring you all the experiences you want to treasure, and some happy ones you don't expect!

alan

alan said...

BTW, it's nice to find you here again!

alan