Sunday, February 10, 2008

i want to run away...i really, really want to just run away for a while. i don't know exactly why the desire is so strong in me right now. maybe it's part january blues, but i think there's something more....
i used to want to run away from my life and never come back. just disappear, start over in a new place and recreate myself.
this time it's not that (thankfully). that was about trying to run away from myself. this is something different...
anyhow, i have a week or so off coming up next month and the two places calling me right now are mexico and paris.... mexico - a sundrenched beach with warm breezes and cool marguaritas....paris - real chocolate croissants and cafe au lait for breakfast, and a visit or two to the louvre....
what to do....
if i think about it practically, i should stay home. it would be financially wiser, and i could spend time with my nephews....but i think i might be done with practicality this year. i think this year, i might throw caution to the wind and listen to my impractical, carefree impulses....

6 comments:

Maria said...

Why not? You are young and both Mexico and Paris are beautiful places to visit. If you have the dough, do the deed.

Lesbianlife said...

Go for it! I would if i could afford it...went to Paris, such a nice city. i would love to go back...

jl said...

you know, i think i'm going to go! hmmm, maybe both this year...
i'll let you know.
j.

prin said...

Yes! I agree. Go for it. :) And *hugs* for the rest of it.

Shazza said...

Screw practical....Hola Mexico or Allo Paris!

Sweetie - I have a list of "should haves" as wide as my butt.

DO it!

Just do IT!

Unknown said...

You could always take your nephews with you! lol! For me, this time of year it would be Mexico! I miss the sun!!
Love you.