Monday, January 01, 2007

it's a new year......traditionally, it seems, in north america a time for reflecting on the past, for thinking about the future...

what do i say...? where do i begin...? it's taken me half my life to discover who i am, and who i've become (because we're all in the process of becoming, each day of our lives...)

i met someone recently who caused me to hold a mirror up to myself and i saw someone looking back who i hadn't clearly seen before, but who'd always been there...i can only thank her for that...

i'm at a crossroads of sorts (oh, so cliche, but true). i'm starting to take some risks in my life....one of the many is putting down into words the chaos that swirls in my head, in my heart, or in my soul, and putting these words out there....it's scary, but gratifying...kinda like life...?

2 comments:

Puffer said...

It's hard unpeeling the layers but you are and it's a journey...
a good one.

alan said...

Thank you for your kind words!

It's funny how writing things down sometimes can make you see them differently! What seems chaos as we live it can make sense viewed another way...

Happy New Year!

alan