Monday, January 28, 2008

today, part 1 - "issues with noise"

morning...
on the bus...
the woman behind me has been on her cell phone
since before we boarded...
she is talking non-stop,
loudly...
i turn,
"please...SHUT-UP!"

midday...
i am in a meeting...
animated,
sometimes heated
disussion...
we are told
to ignore
a pre-planned
fire-alarm drill...
the alarms ring and stop,
and ring and stop,
and ring...
i yell
"arrrhg!" mid-sentence.

evening...
i'm in chapters
the phone is ringing
somewhere on the floor...
it rings,
and rings,
and rings,
and rings,
and rings,
and rings...
i pick up the receiver,
and shout into it,
"there is nobody here!"

that was my day...
sorta...
the woman,
the fire-drill,
the irritating ringing phones...
they happened....

my responses...
...only in my mind....

4 comments:

Mon said...

the woman on the bus, and the fire drills, I've been there way too many times when I lived in the city...here's to a much quieter day tomorrow.

Middle Girl said...

The woman on the bus,ringing phones, oh yes, so with you there. Music playing much too loudly, the incessant cracking of gum and jackhammers--oh. my. noises.

Peace, Be Still :)

prin said...

Maddening.

Shazza said...

This was my day yesterday!

I got home I just couldn't find the silence I wanted.

It is maddening.