Sunday, December 30, 2007

i let go... i am letting go of what i use to define myself... because in reality, these things to not define me. they are roles i play, masks i don, pretences i keep... and when the cruches are not enough to hold me, when the created images are not enough to sustain me, i have to let them go...

i've written of how i'm changing parts of who i am. these are the things that i've used to cope, to compensate, to mask other aspects of me, and i let them go to move forward, to make room for what will truly nourish me... to make room for more...

i am learning to live without apology, i am learning to live with a greater sense of my own value...

5 comments:

KellyNerd said...

I like who you are!

Happy New Year!

Build said...

I really enjoyed your blog.

Happy new year.

p.s. if you wanna see sunrising in Korea you can enjoy seeing it that i just made.

happy new year again.

alan said...

I have struggle for years just to be "me" instead of trying to be what others wanted or expected me to; that at 52 I am here learning from you is only one of many signs of how wonderful you truly are!

alan

KellyNerd said...

So are you rocking your new hair all over P.R.?? You are going to have people hitting on you all over the place!!

jl said...

kellynerd - lol...haven't left the house all day today....
oh, one can only hope... :)

alan - thanks...i'm wondering now where the balance might be between discovering who we are, and creating who we are...

build - thanks...and happy new year to you as well!