Tuesday, April 22, 2008

one more for tonight...a hard one...

i've always had difficulties letting go...i guess many of us do. but it's even harder when it's people i have to let go of, people i thought were friends (and i don't use that word lightly), who would be in my life for the longer term, but who have, instead, moved on, to new lives, to new interests. but i have to, because it's all i can really do. we can't hold on to people in our lives if they don't want to be there. i'm not bitter. once i would have been, but not now. i'm just sad...profoundly sad for what is lost...what might have been.

letting go. peace.
j.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a tough one... letting go of the dream of what you wanted something to be or thought it was... but you are strong and getting stronger every day, remember... your legs are strong and you'll move on......
Love you.

alan said...

Someone I worked for years ago told me that when I was on my deathbed if I counted the true friends of my life and they numbered more than the fingers on one hand I would have been truly blessed.

Almost 30 years on, I see he was quite possibly right! Many I thought were have vanished, some leaving pain in their wake. I have come to accept this, and try not to wall myself off accordingly, though it's hard at times!

May you find before all is done that you run out of fingers!

alan

jl said...

swann - i'm strong because of the people in my life who help me up when i stumble :)

alan - thanks...i hope so too!

prin said...

(hugs) The trouble is that sometimes when you let go of one, the next one is easier to let go of... and they continue to get progressively easier to let go of... *blushes*